Lend a Hand to Your Child’s Growth at Santosh’s Child Guidance Centre
Attending to the needs of their child is something that parents do with utmost sincerity. Nothing can be more disheartening than to find your child being born with special needs.
Children with special needs are the unfortunate ones who are born with certain disabilities or acquire them later in life . The problems with these children are varied and manifold, making their treatment and care difficult. Hence, they keep getting shunted from pillar to post. Therapeutic options for them are limited in the city as it needs integrated approach from several departments.
In an effort to strive towards excellence, we at Santosh Hospital have taken a step towards helping these children, which is a felt need of the community.
Santosh Medical College & Hospital’s New Child Guidance Centre
The Centre is open to all with an aim to cater to children suffering from various dis-functionalities. At the centre, we offer various facilities specifically catering to:
- Children with cerebral palsy
- Mental retardation including chromosomal abnormalities
- Specific learning disability
- Children with poor scholastic performance
- Behavioural problems in children specially bed wetting, pica
- Psychosomatic problems in children
- Children with feeding disorders
- Complete diagnostic work up, follow up by trained developmental paediatrician
- Psychological evaluation
- Behavioural modification therapy
- State of the art occupational therapy including sensory integration
- Parental meeting and counselling
- Facilities of a special educator
- Speech therapy
Santosh has taken this initiative to aid parents and help their child lead a more normal life. Proper diagnosis of diseases and accuracy in treating procedures ensures better progress in the physical and mental condition of your child.
Red Flag Signs for the Ailments
- Inability of a child to attain normal milestones
- A child who is too stiff or too limp and floppy
- Abnormal movements or spasms, scissoring, tip toe walking
- A child not able to speak appropriate for its age or improper communication
- Poor school performance or inability to learn
- Problems in concentration and attention
- Eating mud
- Temper tantrums
- Child not eating well
- Other behavioural problems
The centre is open from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday to Friday and is located at Room 125, Department of Paediatrics, Santosh Hospital, Ghaziabad.