M.D.S Conservative Dentistry & Endodontic
Conservative Dentistry & Endodontic is the branch of dentistry which deals with prevention & treatment of diseases, malformed, discoloured, non-aesthetic, or fractured teeth and endodontic deals with treatment of pulp of tooth and periapical diseases and dental pain management.
These are to be achieved by the time the candidate completes the course. At the end of 36 months of training, the candidates should be able to:
- Describe etiology, pathophysiology, Periapical diagnosis and management of common restorative situations & endodontic situations that will include contemporary management of dental caries, management of trauma and pulpal pathoses including periodontal situations.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic science relevant to conservative dentistry and Endodontic.
- Identify social, economic, environmental and emotional determinants in a given case of community and take them into account for planning and executing at individual and community level.
- Ability to master differential diagnosis and recognise conditions that may require multi- disciplinary approach or a clinical situation outside the realm of specialty, which he or she should be able to recognise and refer to appropriate specialist.
- Use information technology tools and carry out research, both basic and clinical with the aim of publishing his work and presenting the same at scientific platforms.