Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery provides a broad range of surgical treatments that include correction of congenital and traumatic deformities of the jaws, treatment of tumours, cysts, and infections of the jaws, surgery of temporomandibular joint, surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea, surgical placement of dental implants, facial cosmetic surgery and dentoalveolar surgeries. In addition, the Institute takes care of all hospital facial traumas 24×7.
|B.D.S||M.D.S. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||Ph. D. Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Duration: 4 ½ years||Duration: 3 years||Duration: 3 – 5years|
|Annual Intake: 100||Annual Intake: 2||Annual Intake: 2|
|Eligibility: A pass in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) & English in individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in PCB at 10+2 level for General Category and for SC/ ST/ OBC be at 40% and OPH candidates be 45%||Eligibility: B.D.S.||Eligibility: The candidates who possess Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) equivalent degree or Diplomat of the National Board of Examinations will be eligible for Ph.D.|
Head of Department: Dr. Manoj Goyal
Infrastructure & Learning Resources
|S.No.||Learning Resources||Available Resources|
|1||Departmental Library||Departmental library with volumes|
|2||Seminar Room||Departmental Seminar Room with a seating capacity of 15 people available|
|3||UG Clinic||No of chairs|
|4||PG Clinic||No of PG chambers|
|5||Implant Clinic||Minor OT cum Implant Clinic in the Department|
|6||Research Station||Available in the Department|
|7||Faculty Rooms||All the faculty members have been provided with independent workstation|
|8||Teaching Aids||LCD Projector, OHP, Laptop , Desktop , Printer, digital Camera etc|
|9||Internet Connections||Whole Campus is Wi-Fi + Faculty Connection|
Details of student enrichment programs (special lectures / workshops ) involving external experts
- Conducted three workshops on simulators in collaboration with phoenix institute on basic life support in Santosh Hospital.
- Conducted lecture on implant dentistry in collaboration with British academy of implant dentistry.
- Seminar on implant dentistry by Dr. Amir Gazhmavi (UNIV. OF TELAVIV ,ISRAEL) in maharaja hall, Santosh Medical College.
- Conducted Seminar on “Comprehensive approach in management of oral cancer” in Collaboration with HCG Cancer Curie Centre By Dr. Dinesh Katiyar in Santosh Dental College.
- Conducted Workshop(simulator models) On “AO Principles of Fracture Management” in Collaboration with DePuy Synthes in Santosh Dental College
Interdisciplinary Learning Research Projects
- A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON OXIDATIVE STRESS,ANTIOXIDANT STATUS AND LIPID PROFILE IN SALIVA AND SERUM OF ORAL CANCER PATIENTS.
- Guide:- Dr. Jyoti Batra(Biochemistry Deptt)
- Co guide – Dr. Mayank Singhal (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Dr. Geeta (Oral Pathology Deptt)
- VERSATILITY OF MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY INCLUDING ARTHROSCOPY AND ARTHROCENTESIS IN MANAGEMENT OF VARIOUS TMJ DISORDERS.
- Chief investigators: Dr. ManojGoyal(Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Co guide: Dr. Jyoti Batra(Biochemistry Deptt)
|1||DR. MANOJ GOYAL||17||6||9|
|2.||DR. J.S. DUA||3||3|
|3.||DR. SONIA CHAWLA||9||5||4|
|4||DR. MAYANK SINGHAL||1||1|
Publications (contribution in books)
- Reference published in Peterson’s book of oral & maxillofacial surgery, vol II. Myositis ossificans of medial pterygoid muscle: a cause for temporo-mandibular joint ankylosis.
- Chapters contributed on:
- oral tumors
- diseases of salivary glands for textbook of oral & maxillofacial surgery by dr. V. K. Kapoor.
List the Distinguished Alumni of the Department
|DR. GURJAP SINGH||2005-08||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, ITS DENTAL COLLEGE,GREATER NOIDA,U.P.|
|DR. D.S GUPTA||2005-08||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR,TMU,,U.P.|
|DR. NALINI TRIPATHI||2006-09||HIND INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BARABANKI,|
|DR. RUCHI AHUJA||2006-09||UCLA,USA|
|DR. RICHA PANDEY||2007-10||UTTRAKHAND MEDICAL SERVICES|
|DR. SHWETA MISHRA||2007-10||PRIVATE PRACTITIONER|
|DR. ANUJ AGGARWAL||2008-11||PRIVATE PRACTICE IN DELHI [JP HOSPITAL, DELHI]|
|DR.VIKAS NARAYAN||2008-11||PRIVATE PRACTICE IN DELHI|
|DR. SUMAN YADAV||2009-12||WORKING IN GOVERNMENT JOB AT MULTI SPECALITY HOSPITAL, NOIDA|
|DR. VINITA SINGH||2009-12||PRIVATE PRACTICE IN DELHI|
|DR. MAYANK SINGHAL||2010-13||WORKING AS SENIOR LECTURER(ORAL SURGERY) AT SANTOSH DENTAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, GHAZIABAD|
|DR. RAVI RANJAN||2010-13||PRIVATE PRACTICE AT BIHAR|
|DR. SANJEEV GUPTA||2011-14||PRIVATE PRACTICE IN GHAZIABAD|
|DR. ATHREYA RAJAGOPAL||2011-14||WORKING AS SENIOR RESIDENT AT NDMC, DELHI. [GOVT.,] & DOING PH.D IN MAXILLOFACILA SURGERY AT SANTOSH DENTAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, GHAZIABAD|