M.D. Forensic Medicine
Forensic science focuses on application of the scientific principles for crime investigation. Subjects studied under this degree are Forensic Science, Forensic Toxicology, Medical Jurisprudence and legal procedure, Law & Medicine and Autopsy.
A candidate upon successfully qualifying in the M.D. Forensic Medicine examinations should be able to –
- Become an expert in Forensic Medicine, Toxicology and Medical Jurisprudence
- Identify and define existing as well as future Medico-legal problems as they emerge in the community and work to resolve such problems by planning, implementing, evaluating and modulating Medico-legal services
- Undertake medico-legal responsibilities and discharge Medico-legal duties, which arise in day-to-day general practice as well as in hospital practices
- Keep themselves abreast with all recent developments and emerging trends in Forensic Medicine, Medical Ethics and the Law, CPA, court procedures.
- Evaluate his professional activities, educational needs and select appropriate learning resources periodically
- Deal with general principles and practical problems related to forensic, clinical, emergency, environmental, medico-legal and occupational aspects of toxicology
- Deal with Medico-legal aspects of Psychiatry, Mental health and Drug Addiction
- Impart education in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology to under-graduate and postgraduate students and to the medical officers dealing with M.L. Cases, I.Os, judicial officer with the help of modern teaching aids