The purpose of the program is to enable the students to deal effectively with the need of the community. It will make the students competent in handling all the problems related to their speciality in accordance with the recent advances.
The goal of MD course in Paediatrics is to produce a competent paediatrician who:
- Recognizes the health needs of infants, children and adolescents and carries out professional obligations in keeping with principles of National Health Policy and professional ethics
- Has acquired the competencies pertaining to paediatrics that are required to be practiced in the community and at all levels of health system
- Has acquired skills in effectively communicating with the child, family and the community
- Is aware of the contemporary advances and developments in medical sciences related to child health
- Is oriented to principles of research methodology
- Has acquired skills in educating medical and paramedical professionals