Diploma in Psychological Medicine (DPM)
To apply for the programme, the candidate must have prior knowledge, skills and attitude in the principles and practice of psychiatry. With the help of the training the student will be able to recognize the health needs of the community, effectively handle medical problems and updated with recent advances in the field. The PG student will acquire basic skills in teaching medical / paramedical students.
At the end of postgraduate training the student will be able to: –
- Carry out an understanding of Bio-Psycho-Social, economic and emotional aspects of psychiatric illness including possible preventions.
- Deal with the legal complications of psychiatric illnesses (emergencies).
- Play the assigned role in the implementation of National Mental Health Programme.
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding of basic sciences related to his specialty.
- Diagnose and manage majority of conditions in his specialty.
- Plan and devise measures for prevention and rehabilitation of patients.
- Play the assigned role in the implementation of National Health Programs.
- Demonstrate competence in basic concepts or research methodology.
- Develop good teaching and clinical skills.